Did you know?
- Plastic toothbrushes take over 400 years to decompose. Which essentially means every toothbrush you've used will still be littering the earth when your great-great-grandchildren are adults.
- On average only 1 plastic bag in every 200 used are ever recycled. This means billions of these bags end up as litter every year.
- Most plastic straws can't be recycled. It's estimated that 500 million plastic straws are used every day in the US alone. Because they're small & lightweight, they're easily carried out of landfills and into our living environments, including our oceans and drinking water. Tiny particles of plastic are ending up in our food, and marine life are choking to death on all the plastic, with straws a particular danger as they're small and easily swallowed by unsuspecting fish and mammals.
- Around 100 billion single-use coffee cups are ending up in the landfills every year. It's a huge problem, with a simple solution - pay a reusable coffee cup, keep it and use it every time you get your favourite hot beverage.
- Beeswax wraps come in a pack of three - small, medium and large. They're a great alternative to cling wrap, plastic tupperware containers, and plastic ziploc bags. Use these wraps for cheese, sandwiches, snacks, fruit and leftovers. Then simply wipe them clean, and use again.
The toothbrush in this kit is made from bamboo and activated charcoal bristles.
The RPET shopper bag is locally made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and is machine washable.
The produce bags are made form organic cotton, and can be used for weighing and storing loose fruit and veg.
The straw set is made up of x1 6mm straight drinking straw, a cleaning brush, and a bag to keep it all together.